Tuesday 3 March 2009

England, Part 2...

I've been sitting here for 15 minutes looking over the England photos and trying to work out what to write about. I just don't know quite where to start. Rosie and I spent 10 days visiting friends and family from around Kent. I have to say that Rosie was an absolute angel the entire time. I think in 10 days she only cried once, which was when I gave her a bath on the last day when all she really wanted was a bottle. Apart from that she was a dream to travel with. I made it there and back through the airports with Rosie in a sling, and she never complained once. What a little star.

We did a lot of visiting. It was great to see so many old faces. One afternoon we had lunch with V from school and her daughter R. R was besotted with Rosie, and was happy to help me feed her, cuddle her and kiss her. Rosie was delighted with the attention and plied little R with plenty of smiles. It was great to see V after 16 years, and I must say she hasn't aged a day! She still looks exactly the same!

Another afternoon we met L (also an old friend from school) and her daughter. Her two year old little girl was delightful and full of adventure. We had a chat about our kids and her son sounds very similar to my Barney in a lot of ways.

It was also great to meet Miss S again. Her and Mrs T were two of my bridesmaids, 15 long years ago. We met at T's house, ate pizza, and drank wine. I think I went a bit over the top with some of the old school days anecdotes, but it was all good fun. When we all get together it's like we are 15 years old again. I don't feel a day older anyway, with or without wrinkles and grey hair.

I was sad to hear that my friend K's father is very ill with lung cancer, but was pleased to be able to spend an evening with her. She's moved to Maidstone now so it's easier to meet up when I'm over.

My Aunty Claire organised a family afternoon at her house on the Saturday. It was the first time I've seen that side of the family for years. My cousin Ben was there, as well as my Dad and my Grandparents. We shared lots of stories about various ancestors and talked about where our family came from. I was pleased to see Grandma again and glad that she seemed well.

That evening Mrs T, Miss C and CR (plus little Rosie) all went out for a meal to the White Rabbit in Maidstone. It was just like old times again. The food and company were both lovely. T came back to C's house with us and we spent an hour taking hilarious photos. Poor T hadn't enjoyed the wine that C and I had indulged in, but she was a great sport and put up with our silly antics. I had such a great laugh that night and it really cheered me up no end.

I could be writing all evening if I mentioned every story from our trip, like the time I lost my mobile phone and C drove me all over Kent looking for it at 2am, or the time we came 4th at the Langley Village Hall quiz night, or how the airport security metal detector went off every time they scanned my stomach! But all in all great fun was had by all and I am ever more grateful for my gorgeous, thoughtful and precious friends.

Here are a selection of photos from the trip...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks and sounds like you had a great time. XXX steve

Darwi said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You deserved it!

Anonymous said...

very nice... and sweet. I'm like to look at you blog. please visite to my site...

Laney said...

It looks like you had such a fabulous time! I am loving the Baby Mohawk too. She has the coolest hair ever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails