Saturday 8 August 2009

Naming Ceremony Idea... please join in...

I am posting this here rather than emailing to everyone as it just seems easier. Today I am busy sorting out the finer details of Rosies naming ceremony which will take place on Saturday 22nd August. Not long to go!

I have had so many ideas of things that we could do to make the day special, and will be using a few of them. But this one needs your immediate attention! So, all family members please take note... (and any friends who would also like to join in are more than welcome, just contact me for our address or bring it on the day).

I want to make Rosie a charm necklace. The idea is that every family member will make a wish/blessing for Rosie's life and will mark it by adding a charm to the necklace during the service. This will mean that Rosie has a beautiful present to commemorate the day, and something that she can treasure for all her life. We would like every family member to try to do this. It only takes a few minutes on ebay and the charms cost between £1 and £5. There is one seller who does them for 99p with free p&p. I will add some links below to get you started.

So you need to chose a charm. It can be something that represents something, or just a nice beautiful colour, its up to you. Then you need to think of your 'blessing' to go with it. Bring the charm and your blessing to the ceremony, where you will add it to the necklace and read out what you wish for Rosie's life. For example you could wish for courage, inspiration, inner beauty, happiness. Whatever is important to you, with a little sentence to go with it.

Now, it needs to be the right sort of charm. It is called a 'Pandora' charm. Otherwise it wont fit on the necklace.

THIS UK seller, sells Pandora charms for 99p with free postage. And he has a huge range to choose from. Here are some examples....




Hopefully, at the end of the ceremony, we will have something that looks like this (but with more charms on)....
This ebay seller also sells the charms for £2.99 buy it now, with free postage.
Alternatively you can just search for Pandora Charm on ebay yourself. There are literally thousands to choose from. Just be careful that if you order if from an International seller, that it has time to arrive.
So please, if every family member could take the time to join in with this, it will make a very special momento of the day and something that Rosie can one day show her own children. There will be charms on it from family and friends who are no longer with us. I'd really love it if you could all join in with this. And once again, anyone else who would like to do so can, by all means.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I would love to participate in this, and send one that has American colors. I'll look around for one, and if you see one, please let me know. If I order from one of them, will I be able to pay from here, and have it sent to you? I wonder if any stores here in town sell them?

Maddi said...

Cool. Do u want us to let you know what ones we've got so you don't get doubles or do u not mind having copies?

Maddi said...

Cool. Do u want us to let you know what ones we've got so you don't get doubles or do u not mind having copies?

Venus said...

Maddi - I dont really mind copies. Although the choice is so vast it seems unlikely.

Tammy - an American one is a great idea ! You should be able to pay there and have it sent here no problem. I use paypal. If you have any problems let me know. xx

Aleksandra said...

Great idea! I'll definitely join in. Can you please e-mail me your postal address, since I do not have it?

Aleksandra said...

Great idea! I'll definitely join in. Can you please e-mail me your postal address, since I do not have it?

Aleksandra said...

Great idea! I'll definitely join in. Can you please e-mail me your postal address, since I do not have it?

Loopy Loo said...

I'll be getting one for her too - just need to think what now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails