Monday 10 August 2009

I'm not sure whether to be relieved or excited, or nervous!

Today Barney was given an appointment to see the child psychologist at a local clinic. But the appointment wasn't for until the end of September. I spoke to the receptionist on the phone and explained that I was at my wit's end, and didn't know what to do, and that it was breaking my heart to see Barney so desperately anxious all the time.

She called me back later today to say that she had spoken to the psychologist and she wanted to see Barney asap. She is going to see him tomorrow morning! She wants to see both of us and Barney together to start his course of assessment. I am relieved that we are finally going to receive some help. Thank goodness. Barney is actually excited about going. After a major panic attack about going to the shops I asked him why he wasn't also panicking about the appointment. He replied with "because that lady is going to help me."

2 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

That is excellent!! I am so glad he is looking forward to receiving help, he is such a delightful child Hazel.

Tammy said...

That's great. I hope this will be life changing for all of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails