Monday 27 July 2009

Solitary Confinement, almost

I was going a bit stir crazy alone in the house with 4 kids. Marty's only really been home to sleep, and since our car died I've been stuck in the house. I have another 6 days of that, then hopefully we will get some sort of new banger of a car. I can't wait! I am missing getting out in the summer holidays. This morning I managed to sneak out for two hours without any kids in tow. It was bliss. I went window shopping, and somehow managed to come home with new shoes, a dress, a skirt, leggings, jeans, trousers and 2 tops! How did that happen? That's what will happen if you put a girl in solitary confinement. She will get the urge to shop! Be warned!



Here are some pictures of the fire damage to our wee car, sent to us today by the insurance company. No surprise, they say the car is a write off. The bonnet melted shut and couldn't be opened. Poor car, how I miss her.


You do meet some fascinating people as you go through life. I love it when someone interesting breezes along for a chat. Other peoples lives can be so inspiring. Anyway, this interesting person shared a quote with me that really made me think for a while, and it's one I would like to remember....

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recess of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity. But dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible". TE Lawerence from the 7 pillars of wisdom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails