Sunday 31 May 2009

Rejoice!

Rejoice! The sun shine is here, and goodness knows how long it will stay (we aren't famed for our long, hot summers here in Northern Ireland!) In honour of the suns new presence I duly went out and got sun burnt. Yes, silly me. Yesterday I didn't have time to sit outside and enjoy the sun, so I sat outside and folded laundry, and fed the baby, and cuddled my sick little boy, and hung out washing. I did the best I could out there! We filled up a paddling pool for Tarja and her friend to play in. Barney would have played too but hes not at all well. An emergency trip to the out-of-hours doctor yesterday meant that we missed baby yoga. But Barney was diagnosed with some sort of viral illness, possibly 'slap-cheek'. After a night of vomiting and high temperature he is now covered from his head to his knees in a bright red rash. Poor lad. He looks a sight. And he has no energy whatsoever. I'm hoping the other kids don't catch it too. Especially the baby - sick babies are a misery.

We had a nice BBQ outside to make the most of the nice weather. Rosie was quite amused at the whole 'sitting outside' malarky. She's only really had brief trips out in the pram, but never sat out just for the joy of it. Today looks like another fine one. I wonder how many more jobs I can take outside?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Looks like fun!! We get an over-abundance of sun, for the next 4 months, at least!! Wish I could send you some, hehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails