Thursday 7 May 2009

Nothing like Mum's home cooking


Don't we all love our Mum's home cooking? (It's true that my Mum is an exceptional cook - I'm not sure my own kids would say the same about their Mum!) Anyway, today I spent the morning cooking up Rosie's first batch of baby food. She's only just started having her first few tastes of real food; banana being her favourite so far. She's not having very much every day, just a spoonful or two, but I think it's important that what she does eat is healthy and good for her. And helps her poop! (That's always important - remember your five a day folks!)

So I cooked up various vegetables and fruits and made her some main courses and some desserts. The main courses are all a base of potato, carrot and parsnip, and then I have added cauliflower to some, broccoli to others, courgettes to some more, and asparagus to the other. I made two types of fruit desserts. The first is steamed apple, pear, and strawberry mixed with banana. And the other is banana and raspberry puree. And I must say, they all taste yummy! Let's hope Rosie agrees!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great mom you are!!!

Mum said...

wow

I love the dishes and the colours but the portions are a tad small for my liking.

Do love the comment about Mum's cooking haha. Amazing what a Christms dinner can do

x x x

Venus said...

Aww thanks Tammy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails