Wednesday 18 February 2009

Spontaneity

Yesterday I spontaneously booked a trip to England to visit some dear old friends. Sometimes we all just need a change of scenery for a few days, don't we? I just needed to get out of the house and clear my head for a bit. So today Rosie and I are packing our suitcase and heading off to the wilds of Kent! It will be good to relax a bit with Rosie, and to spend some quality time with her. Little Barney isn't too pleased about us going; his two favourite people. He spent all evening 'snuggling' with me in my big bed. I think he's going to miss me, and his baby sister.

Well, I have exactly six hours until I need to leave for the airport, so I better get packing. The amount of things one needs to take when travelling with a baby is phenomenal! Thank goodness my friend T is lending me a moses basket, car seat and buggy when I get there, so I at least don't have to take those with me. I'm planning on getting through the airport with just the suitcase (rather large I have to admit - since the small one is never going to fit all Rosie's things) and a baby in a sling. Plus a changing bag of course.

3 comments:

Loopy Loo said...

I hope the trip goes well for you & Rosie. Am looking forward to seeing you on your return xx

Tammy said...

Have a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your e-mail finally reached me and that I'm able to read the new blog. I can't figure out how to post comments from the USA. None of the choices of profiles seem to work for me. Margi B.

Related Posts with Thumbnails