Monday 16 February 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Oh la la, I got a Valentine's Day card in the post this morning! And it wasn't from my husband!
Haha, I was a bit shocked when I opened it, but soon realised that it came from my penpal who is serving a death sentence in America. It made my day (although did make me feel old!) and here is message he wrote inside..

My dear best friend, I know you're getting older, hell I am too,
Just two people older, trying to get through,
You have always been there and your heart is always true,
So I hope you have a nice special Valentines Day, that's my wish for you.

Isn't that sweet? I must admit to negelcting my letters to him whilst I was suffering with high blood pressure during pregnancy. But I'm back on the ball now writing to him regularly. Heres a photo of the two of us when I visited back in February 08, on my way across America.




3 comments:

crunicorn said...

can't believe it was a year ago that you were out there - where does the time go!

Prudence said...

I admire you so much for having the courage and open-mindedness to write to someone on Death Row. You are a truly wonderful person and I am so proud to know you. x

Venus said...

Aww thanks Enilorac :) I am also very proud to call you my friend. You've been a star to me over the years. xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails