Tuesday 3 May 2011

A royal wedding

I had no idea that the wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William was going to be such a big affair in our house. But little Barney had other ideas!  I had of course already told him that we would be watching it on the tv, but he was all pumped up about it from the street party they had had at school and from what his teacher had said.  When I got downstairs on the morning of the wedding I discovered the Barney had decorated the entire living room floor with dandelions! He had also made a walkway laced with dandelions from the hallway to the living room, which represented the aisle. To top it off he had made a ‘William and Kate’ banner for the fire place and was dressed in his best wedding clothes.

So we all sat together and watched the wedding. I remember how excited I was as a young child when Prince Charles and Lady Diana got married; and I could see this same excitement in Barney. I felt a little homesick watching all the pomp and ceremony on the tv.  Rosie was delighted to see a real ‘princess’ and soon decided that she needed to wear a princess dress too. 

So here are some photos that we took for Barneys facebook album of our experience of the royal wedding….

DSC_0161 DSC_0163 DSC_0169

DSC_0123 DSC_0125 DSC_0130 DSC_0132 DSC_0138

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails