Monday 5 July 2010

It was only yesterday that I was 15

 14 15

Ooooh the horror! Yes, this was me aged 15. Fifteen was my goth year. I started so innocent looking, and got darker as the year went on.

I am posting this because my first born son turned 15 last week, and I really just can’t quite believe it. When I look at those photos of me at that age and remember how things were, it’s quite scary. I thought I knew it all! I thought I had the whole world sussed out!  I loved my friends to bits, studied quite hard, but had a hell of a lot of silly fun too.  It’s a bit scary to think that Jimmie was born just three years after those photos were taken.

But enough about me. My Jimmie is now 15. The poor lad is the youngest in his year and so all his mates are turning 16. He is forever playing catch up.  Jimmies birthday always marks the end of the school year and the start of the summer holidays here in Northern Ireland.  To celebrate it we spoilt him rotten with presents (a newer, better phone with a camera, a big man size punch bag, weights, gym equipment, a new watch, clothes, chocs etc) and took him horse riding with his Aunties, Uncle and nieces.  I think he had a good day. I think he was pleased with his presents. The punch bag is certainly getting plenty of use. As is the phone!

DSC_0646  DSC_0674

 DSC_0671DSC_0697

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails